Grandma’s sewing machine took a poop. She has an old, back up sewing machine, I’m talking kind of old fashioned. When I showed up yesterday she was like, oh you’ll love this little machine, sure sure do. I did “love” it… NOT! Oh my goodness, I spent more time fixing mistakes and trying to get it to work (i.e. putting the thread back in it) than I did actually sewing. The first quilt block I did took me over 2 hours and it should have been quick. I’m not sure if I was having a Monday or what… but gosh, I’m not a fan of that sewing machine.
I grumbled and complained way more than I should have. I then also lost quilt block pieces and sewed them incorrectly and everything else. Let’s just say I was having a Monday and it sucked! I love Monday’s because it means I get to spend time with my grandma and my little girl and we get to sew on this quilt top, but yesterday I was regretting that it was Monday.
The goal was to try and incorporate some of the orange polka dot material into other quilt blocks. I would say we accomplished that with both quilt blocks yesterday. So I present you with Quilt Block 17. Oh and if you’ll notice I remembered to do these in order. I tried to print Quilt Block 19 and my silly printer ran out of ink. Good thing because after all the problems I had, I only had time to work on 2 quilt blocks.
Grandma actually picked out the material choices for these quilt blocks yesterday. Like I said, our goal was to incorporate the orange polka dot material. Here is Quilt Block 18. I’m not 100% sure how I feel about this particular block, but once placed with the others I thought it looked a little better.
Here the the blocks in all their glory of falling off grandma’s bed. I think we need a big floor to piece it all together. As you can see, quilt block 9 is the reason to incorporate the orange polka dot, but I think in the end we’re going to modify quilt block 9. I’ll keep you updated!